Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Excuses, excuses.

I seem to recall promising pictures of knitted things and cute kids in knitted things. And also my garden. Hmmm. Here's my story, and I'm sticking to it...

I went to Atlanta on Saturday for a visit with the Ghetto Stitching Floss Lickers (really, don't ask unless you already know). I arrived with a Cute Knitted Thing, i.e., a frog hat (to make: follow Stephanie's directions using an appropriately froggy color. Add white puff balls (I stole mine from the kids' stash) with black buttons for eyes, and embroider on a mouth (mine was crooked, which I declared "charming")). The hat was originally intended for Luke, with whose Mommy I had planned to spend the night before the get-together. Alas, Luke's Mommy had to attend to her ailing grandmother, so I just drove down to Atlanta on Saturday. I arrived and, while chatting with Cris's very cute daughter Scarlett, I learned that the latter is very fond of frogs.

Well. Suffice it to say that I need to knit a new hat for Luke. But, because I left the camera in freaking Greenville (after spending Friday evening baking goodies and muttering "don't forget the camera, don't forget the camera"), I do not have a picture of a Cute Kid in a Knitted Thing.

As for pictures of knitted things generally, I finished my mother in law's socks last week, and y'all are entitled to pictures of those, too. But you're not getting them today, because even though I remembered to put the socks in my knitting bag, and the camera in my purse, I have not yet managed to get my purse and my knitting bag within a five foot radius of myself at the same time. So, there goes that.

As for the garden, you're going to have to wait. Everybody chez Small was deathly ill with a stomach bug yesterday. I didn't have the strength to venture outside, much less take pictures.

You may get lucky tomorrow. I have the camera in the purse, and Owen starts his basketball minicamp tonight. So, you may get pictures of cute kids running around with basketballs.

Or you may not.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger Norma said…

    Boo for stomach bugs. We'll wait for the pictures but you better get on it! (kidding) :D

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Glenda said…

    Forgetting the camera is something I do all the time, so you are forgiven.

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Oh, Kirsten, you didn't have to do that! I appreciate the thought. And I'm glad Scarlett liked it. She'll appreciate it more than Luke at the moment anyway. :)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home