Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Just for Norma...

Here are pictures of the socks:



The pattern is the basic sock pattern from Cat Bordhi's marvelous book. The yarn is Knit Picks "Sock Garden" in hydrangea, which they evidently do not sell any more.

Here's a better shot of the color:



I'm not too keen on how the striping turned out. I think I would like it better if I had used some kind of chevron-type pattern, to break up the strong horizontal stripes, which I think is a consequence of the strong colors.

Alas, no pictures of cute boys playing basketball. The cute boy under my jurisdiction refused to participate. He was quite amiable about it, but he was nevertheless adamant. I don't think I can quite articulate how disheartening this was; the basketball thing is supposed to help Owen with his social skills by allowing him to participate in an activity where speech ability is not key. I really needed this to work for him; I needed a little ray of hope, and I didn't get it.

All is not lost--we'll try again next week. Chuck will take him, on the theory that he is less cuddly and thus Owen may be more willing to leave his side.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Belinda said…

    How cool! I may have to 1) learn to knit 2) learn to like wearing socks, just so I can knit some!

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Cute socks!! And I like the stripes, though chevrons would have been nice as well. I hope some more exposure to basketball will help Owen feel more like joining in. I do agree that Chuck taking him instead of you might help. {{hugs}}

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger Norma said…

    I like the socks. Sorry about the basketball experience. I can see how that would be a bit of a downer. Maybe next time, and maybe Chuck's idea is a good one. Here's hoping.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home