Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Planning Ahead

Andy: Mommy, you know that little green pool in the back yard?

Me: Yeah, honey, what about it?

Andy: Don't throw it away.

Me: I hadn't planned to. Why not, by the way?

Andy: Because I'm going to marry Mae.

Me: Umm, okay. What does the pool have to do with it?

Andy: Because after we get married, she'll have a baby, and the baby will want to play in the pool. Babies like those things.

Me: Yes, they do. When are you and Mae getting married? (Nota bene: Last I heard, Mae was planning to marry River, but Andy is undeterred by this fact.)

Andy: July.

Me: !!!!

Andy: When I'm twenty.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home